Become a Real Estate Salesperson:
1) Take the 75 hour real estate salesperson course and pass the course test.
2) Pass the New York State exam.
3) Find a sponsoring broker to hold your real estate license
4) Get your eAccessNY.com User ID and password from the State.
Then become an MVAR member:
1) Affiliate with a licensed broker member of MVAR.
2) Fill out a MVAR Membership Application (available at the Board office or click here) and send back with application fee. Applications are approved at the MVAR Board of Directors Meetings.
3) Once approved and membership fees are paid, access to the MLS (if applicable) will be given.
4) Sign up for next available Orientation Class.
Here are some of the benefits of joining MVAR (and NAR and NYSAR membership):
On the State level, see some NYSAR’s member benefits.